The History of WatchesCopyright © David Boettcher 2006 - 2022 all rights reserved.
In this section I have eight subsections which can be accessed from the drop down menu:
- Early Clocks and Watches is about the development of watches from early spring driven clocks.
- English Watchmaking is about the watchmaking industry in England.
- Swiss and French Watchmaking is about the watchmaking industry in Switzerland and France.
- Invention of the Wristwatch discusses myths about the invention of the wristwatch.
- Wristlets and Converters is about forerunners to the man's wristwatch.
- Early Wristwatches is about the first purpose made men's wristwatches.
- Great War Trench Watches is about wristwatches and officer's trench watch of the Great War (WW1).
- Waterproof Watches is about the development of the waterproof watch.
If you have any comments or questions, please don't hesitate to to get in touch via my Contact Me page.
Copyright © David Boettcher 2006 - 2022 all rights reserved. This page updated May 2018. W3CMVS. Back to the top of the page.