The History of WatchesCopyright © David Boettcher 2006 - 2020 all rights reserved.
In this section I have eight subsections which can be accessed from the drop down menu:
- Early Clocks and Watches is about the development of watches from early spring driven clocks.
- English Watchmaking is about the watchmaking industry in England.
- Swiss and French Watchmaking is about the watchmaking industry in Switzerland and France.
- Invention of the Wristwatch discusses myths about the invention of the wristwatch.
- Wristlets and Converters is about forerunners to the man's wristwatch.
- Early Wristwatches is about the first purpose made men's wristwatches.
- Great War Trench Watches is about wristwatches and officer's trench watch of the Great War (WW1).
- Waterproof Watches is about the development of the waterproof watch.
Copyright © David Boettcher 2006 - 2020 all rights reserved. This page updated May 2018. W3CMVS.